Thursday, May 2, 2013

Drybar Hair Fun

Happy it’s almost Friday everyone! I cannot begin to express how excited I am for it to be the weekend! We actually don’t have any real plans, we’re getting our AC system replaced (woohoo!) but that’s really the only major thing on our list. Having been so busy the past few weekends we both enjoy getting these quiet, relaxing weekends to ourselves :)
Today I’m going to tell you about an amazing hair place that will completely change your life! They’re pretty popular so you may have heard of it, but the chain is called Drybar. They have more than 25 locations scattered throughout the US and they specialize in gorgeous blowouts only. They don’t do any cuts or color and they charge a flat fee of $40 for every blowout and the best part is they serve you champagne while all of the magic is happening! I know, amazing huh? Too good to be true? Well it’s not. I visited Drybar for the very first time this past weekend to get my hair done for my wedding shower. I called about a month before to get appointments at the location in Georgetown but it was already pretty much booked! So I decided to head to their Bethesda, MD location instead. It was actually almost the same distance to both from my house so it worked out great. The Drybar in Bethesda is located in the cutest area, there are tons of little boutique shops and a pretty cobblestone courtyard with shops on both sides. Definitely a great place to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon. They only have a few blowout options, but really that’s all you need. I chose the one called The Cosmo, which was lots of tight curls. From start to finish she washed and blewout my hair in 40 minutes. I have thick naturally curly hair, so I was overjoyed that she worked her magic so quickly! Inside it's so cute! Everything is white and accented with bright yellow, as you can see from the picture below of the blowdryer!




Unfortunately the Bethesda location does not currently serve champagne, something about their license being taken away…but it was still such a fun time! They were playing Clueless on the TV’s and did serve us sparking pink lemonade which was refreshing. I loved how my hair turned out, it held up all day and it felt and looked so full and voluminous. Everyone gave me so many compliments on my hair and now they all want to try it too! I can’t wait to go back and get another blowout, I’ll definitely have to head to the Georgetown location though..I mean who doesn’t like being pampered while sipping champagne?!


No comments:

Post a Comment