Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's My Birthday & Fishing Trip Fun

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you‘ve had a great week so far! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a few days, it’s been a crazy week.
I wanted to start off today by wishing myself a happy birthday! I turn 27 today and it feels great :) Mr. Tan Lines has a great weekend planned for us full of yummy dinners and fun activities, I cannot wait to get this weekend started, just a few more work hours and I’m free! Here are the flowers Mr. Tan Lines got me last night as a pre-birthday celebration!
 

So this past weekend we did something super fun that I wanted to share with you! We went on our annual Chesapeake Bay fishing trip with help from our friends at Kyran Lynn Charters. Our friend Jonesie puts this together every year, where usually a group of 15 of us get out on the boat and catch some fish! This was my second time going and it sure lived up to the stories! The dock is located in Breezy Point, MD and you rent the boat for half of the day. Marty, the Captain, and Josh, the first mate, take you out and set up lines for the fish to bite. Then, when it’s your turn you run to the pole and reel in your fish! The average length of this fish this year came in around 22 inches, when in some years I think we average out at about 28 inches. The first picture is of Clark and his winning-size fish that came in at 30 inches! The second picture is of Brandy reeling hers' in and the last one is of me and my little catch!



The weather was chilly, cloudy and delivered some rain. Although we didn’t let any of that stop us from having a great time!  Here is a picture of our haul for the day!


On our way back to the dock Josh filets all of the fish right there on the boat and everyone gets to take home the delicious Rockfish filets to enjoy later.
Here are the two drinks I made for this years’ fantastic event! The first one I used some Simply Lemonade Raspberry juice.  I found the list for some of the ingredients on Pinterest, but since I couldn’t find the recipe I had to improvise and boy was it delicious! Here is the first drink I made:
8 cups Simply Lemonade Raspberry juice
2 cups Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka
1.5 cups Triple Sec
1 cup Malibu Rum
1 cup Dole Pineapple Orange Juice


I guess the second drink I made could have been called a Twisted Screwdriver..or something, but this is what I used!

5 cups Dole Pineapple Orange Juice
1.5 cups Smirnoff Vodka
1 cup Triple Sec

No comments:

Post a Comment