Friday, May 3, 2013

Wedding Hair Trial :)

Happy happy happy Friday everyone!! It’s a beautiful day here in Virginia and I cannot wait to get my weekend started! And to top it all off my amazing fiancé sent flowers to my work today just because :) what an instant way to brighten someone’s day! So sweet :)


Today I wanted to show you what I’m almost certain will be my wedding hair do! I of course, found the inspiration for it on Pinterest. I took a few photographs to my hair dresser and we talked it through and she said she knew just what to do! Alabama is a pretty humid place, even in October so this was one of the main things we had to take into consideration. I wanted an up-do because the ceremony is on the beach and there is a lot of wind on the beach. The last thing I want is my hair flying in every direction in every picture! But, I also wanted something flexible that I could then take down for the reception. I love the idea of having “two looks.” Kayla, that’s my amazing hair dressers name, first curled my entire hair like the picture below.
Then she took each curl and pinned it up, in a circular motion so as it sits in my hair it will maintain the curl when I take it out.

Here is the finished product! We wanted to keep the bangs minimal because of the wind, there's nothing worse then getting hair stuck in your lip gloss! I LOVED the way the back came out. It was exactly what I had in mind. I can't wait to get it done on our wedding day!


 
Because I have so much hair it took me a good 15 minutes to get all the bobby pins out, I wasn’t too happy with the curls once they were out, but I think that’s something we can fix together in October! I am also hoping to have it grow a few more inches.
During the week and most weekends if we aren’t doing anything I don’t put any moose, hair spray or styling products in it. After I shower I always put in some kind of moisturizer or repairing agent. For the past few months I’ve been alternating between coconut oil and Moroccan cream. I also love the Garnier products, I use their leave-in conditioner as well as a smoothing silk. My hair has definitely improved in quality. It’s not growing as fast as I’d like, but the feel of it is significantly better. When I do blow it out or straighten it it feels so smooth and has so much less frizz! I’ll definitely keep doing what I’m doing and hopefully I’ll get the length that I’m looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment