Thursday, May 9, 2013

You are the best thing, that's ever been Mine

Hello, hello everyone!! In celebration of Taylor Swift coming to town this weekend I just wanted to write a little piece about why I’m such a huge fan! Well, I guess I’m a huge fan of her old stuff, I just don’t think I’m into her whole new sound! I did buy the RED cd, however I hardly listen to it. Now her past three albums I have all of the songs committed to my memory! The first time I ever heard of Taylor Swift I was 19 and “Tim McGraw” came on the radio and I was hooked! I downloaded her album and from there I listened to her non-stop.  Then 2 years later in 2007 I went to the Aqua-Palooza boat show on the Chesapeake Bay and low and behold the main performer that day was a little-known blond girl named Taylor Swift! I was ecstatic when I found out! We walked to the main stage and caught her set; it was amazing to see her performing the songs I’d been listening to for years! Then her very last song was called Fearless. If you’re a Taylor fan then you know what an amazing song it is, I immediately fell in love with it! Here are some pretty pictures I found on Google of the lovely T Swift!



I think I listened to Fearless on Youtube over and over again for that entire summer! Then I saw her in concert in the spring of 2008 at a nearby college and oh my goodness what a great show it was! Because she wasn’t too well known it was a really intimate setting and she stayed after the show and gave every single person there an autograph and a picture. My friend and I still say we soo completely regret not staying for this! We were so tired and I guess we thought we’d have another chance! Little did we know that in just a few months she would be turning into one of the biggest stars in the world! We had to wait a few more months before Fearless was released as the title track on her new album in the fall of 2008. It was a long time coming and I loved every song on it! I unfortunately didn’t catch the Fearless tour, but I did buy the great dvd that followed the “Journey to Fearless” and went into all of the detail put into the show!
Then another two years later my favorite song by Taylor was released, Mine. It encompasses everything that you can feel about a person when you are just completely and madly in love with them. It’s a beautiful song and I probably listen to it once a day! I’d always loved the song, but after I met Mr. Tan Lines it was like the song took on a whole new meaning and it made me love it that much more!


Luckily I was able to see her in concert for the Speak Now tour; I actually went to Cleveland to see her! It was a great tour and I had such a great time! We had pretty good seats too, especially when she came in through the back and performed a few songs.
I just love this last picture, she looks so genuine and in love with all of her fans!


No comments:

Post a Comment