Thursday, May 30, 2013

No Shoes Nation 2013

Happy Thursday everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately, I have been busy and just taking some “me” time :) I hope you all have been well, I have been doing great! I wanted to talk about all of the fun things we have done lately!
Last Friday Mr. Tan Lines surprised me for my birthday and we went to The Melting Pot for dinner. It was a first time experience for the both of us and boy did we enjoy it! If you’ve never heard of it, it’s a shared fondue pot meal where you eat fondue and then cook your own meats in the pot for the entree. We ordered a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and opted for the all-inclusive 4 course option. We received artichoke and cheese fondue dip, which we were given bread, veggies and apples to eat with. Surprisingly the apples were both of our favorites! The meats were delicious I had the French Quarter so it was all flavored with that great southern Cajun seasoning! For dessert we ordered the original chocolate fondue which we were given rice crispies, pound cake, brownies, graham cracker coated marshmallows, strawberries, oreo dusted marshmallows and cheesecake to dip in. I know, right?! It was amazing, definitely would recommend if you have never been! Here is a picture of me from Friday night!


Saturday, with yet another surprise Mr. Tan Lines got us tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert. All I can say is that man sure knows how to put on a good show. Here are some pictures from inside the concert, it was held at Fed Ex field which is where the Washington Redskins play! We had amazing seats! I also put up some pictures from our fun tailgate!




I had never seen Kenny before and I had forgotten just how many great songs he has! We were up on our feet the entire time singing and dancing. It was a blast! Kenny sang all of his top songs and some good oldies as well. 
 


Eric Church opened for Kenny and he really got the party started, he ended it with the song "Springsteen" that is one of my favorites! He even threw in a little “Born to Run” while he was singing it, it was a really great touch. We had the best time, and I cannot wait to go to more concerts!
 


Earlier this week my co-worker and I visited a new restaurant for lunch, Rhodeside Grill in Clarendon, VA. It was quite a hike for us but we had our little hearts set on it! The food was delicious, I had the carne asada tacos and they were very good! However, I wanted to mention this because we both ordered deep fried oreo’s and oh my goodness was it delicious! It was 10x better than I expected and definitely worth the 4 extra miles I’ll have to run tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment