Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Just Say YES!

I think I’ve said “I’ll get to that a little later” about the story of how we got engaged for long enough and I’ve finally decided that later is now!
As I mentioned yesterday we got engaged two days before we left for our trip to the Dominican Republic. It was a Friday and on Friday‘s we always go to our favorite sushi restaurant. We made it our weekly ritual soon after we started dating. So like every other Friday we got dressed up and headed out to sushi, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, our dinner conversation was the same as usual. Once we finished we headed home and Mr. Tan Lines rushed inside, I don’t think I knew what to think so I gathered my bag and our leftovers and headed inside and then there it all was..rose petals all over the stairs and him at the top of the landing down on one knee with a ring in his hands.


We both laugh because exactly what was said in that moment we both can’t really remember from the nerves and being swept up with about 100 different emotions! However it took about 3 seconds for me to realize he had said “will you marry me?” and I just kind of screamed “Yes!!” then ran up the stairs to hug him and then I lost it. I cried, well no, more like sobbed for about 15 minutes, but I just kept saying “I’m so happy!” through the tears, so they were happy tears :) We of course immediately took some pictures, I loved the one below in the top left, with the "Oh my gosh we're getting married!" faces! By the way these are pictures from my Bridal Book that I purchased at South Moon Under!


After about an hour we called our families and our friends to let them know the great news! I didn’t even look at my ring until after a few minutes and I just remember saying “Oh my gosh it’s so big, thank you!!” I was BLOWN away by my ring. We had gone to a few jewelers to look at some and I tried on a few and ultimately settled on a style I loved, but we didn’t actually pick out “the one.” And then he had gone above and beyond anything we had looked at! It’s a European-cut diamond with a raised setting and halo band. I love love love love love my ring! Did I mention that I love it?!


Afterwards we talked about the whole plan, how long had he been thinking about it and when to do it. Well, he had had the ring for over a month which blew me away! I couldn’t believe he had kept it so well hidden from me! I mean, I am quite the snooper! I ruined the surprise of our Valentine’s Day just a few months earlier by finding my hidden gifts :) I also figured out that’s why he had taken me to get my nails done the night before! Here's one of my favorite pictures from Punta Cana with the ring :)

1 comment:

  1. your ring is absolutely gorgeous! i love the last picture of you too, so cute, and that water!

    ReplyDelete