Tuesday, July 15, 2014

“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal”

Happy Tuesday!!!

First things first, let’s chat about last nights’ episode of The Bachelorette, in case you missed it stop reading…spoilers ahead!!

Well, well, well! I’m not sure how many of you watched last night but I can start off by saying that we were so happy to be taken back to the beautiful Dominican Republic! It brought back all of the wonderful memories we shared on our visit in May 2012. It really is such a gorgeous place, it gave us the itch of wanting to return! Ahh the beach life :)



Needless to say I was pretty surprised last night! Mr Tan Lines and I were almost certain she was going to pick farmer Chris! Or at least we were hoping it would be farmer Chris and baseball Josh in the end. I cannot stand Nick and his awful face, every time he opens his mouth it makes me cringe. But alas, Andi let poor Chris go because she just wasn’t feeling it, which sucks but at least she didn’t drag him along. I saw some Tweets this morning from #BachelorNation, who knows Chris could very well be the new bachelor and I would be so happy with that!

Last night I made this amazing casserole I found on Pinterest, you guys, it was SO good; I think I could have eaten the entire thing.  It came from the blogger DamnDelicious, and man was it ever! Here is a link to the recipe http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/07/quinoa-enchilada-casserole/

I followed her recipe almost perfectly, except instead of regular corn I used mexicorn and I used different brands of sauces and chili’s! You really couldn’t even tell there wasn’t any meat in it, however next time I think I would probably add some shredded chicken or ground turkey in there for a little extra bite! I would highly recommend trying this one out; I know I will be making it again and again!




I also paired the delicious casserole with one of my favorite Cabernet Sauvignon, Ghost Pines. It’s a little pricier, depends where you buy it but I usually find it for $19-$22 at my local food stores. I chilled it for 20 minutes then poured myself a nice tall glass. It was the perfect way to enjoy my Monday night!



“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal.” 

So remember a few months back I mentioned I was going to read If I Stay by Gayle Forman? Well, I (kind of) finished it last night. Again, if you’re planning on reading the book or seeing the movie stop right there, spoilers ahead!


So I didn’t actually read the whole thing, I got to around page 60 and gave up. The book starts off with the big accident and of course Mia being in a coma and wondering around the hospital. She then begins to go through memories of her family, friends and boyfriend, which is what the entire rest of the book is. She finally realizes that it’s up to her to decide whether she lives or dies and suddenly she’s not sure—this is where I stopped reading. I just thought this was so dumb, yes her family has died and she might need a crap ton of physical therapy but she’s only 17 years old! She has friends, family, a boyfriend she loves and is a gifted musician, so pretty much her entire life is ahead of her and she’s just willing to throw in the towel.  I just couldn’t read on after that, I wasn’t going to put myself through 200 pages of “should I?” or “shouldn’t I?” I wasn’t even intrigued enough in the “love” story, it was so predictable; popular, punk rocker falls for weird quirky, girl. Yawn. I skipped to the last page and low and behold, she chooses to live. At least there’s that haha then there is another section that talks about Mia’s life years later, all I needed to read was that the super powerful, world ending love (that she was never sure about) that saved her life has now ended and she no longer speaks to her ex. The end. I was so excited about this book and am definitely disappointed. The trailer looks really good however; it actually made me even more disappointed in the book! Oh well, I think I’m going to head to the library during lunch to get some new reading materials! 

Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment