Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's the 3rd of July!!

Happy ALMOST 3 day weekend! I hope you have lots of things planned!!! As I mentioned we are going out on the boat today, looks like Arthur is not going to affect us! I also think we’re going to go to our favorite little hangout tonight for dinner! Tomorrow we’ll watch the neighborhood 4th of July parade and then go to a local park with some food trucks and bbq to catch some fireworks! Saturday will be a filled day followed by our own homemade baby back ribs on the grill! Yay I absolutely cannot wait ya’ll!!

In honor of #tbt here are some pictures of Mr Tan Lines and I from July 4th 2011! We had gone out on the boat with Mr Tan Lines’ cousin and husband; we had such a great time!



This past weekend I also did some more decorating around the house; it’s getting so close to being done! I had been itching to replace this green vase; it just didn’t match anything anymore, so I was on the hunt for almost 2 months! But, I finally something worthy of replacing it! Where else would I have purchased it from but Home Goods!


I also decided to get some new inserts for it, I went with these gorgeous dark bamboo sticks with white flowers.


The vase was really tall so I purchased some filler at Michael’s to help give it some support.


I think it turned out great! Mr Tan Lines really liked it!!


I also decided to add some more artwork to our bedroom. I purchased 4 varying but similar frames from Home Goods and placed pictures from our Dominican Republic trip in them. I also purchased this gorgeous poem on a wooden board from Kirklands! I think this turned out great too! I also really love having this poem hanging right by our bed, it's nice to read it every now and then, it makes me smile!



Well I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Thank your troops and remember that we are free, thanks to the brave :) GOD BLESS AMERICA!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment