Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!

Hey ya’ll! Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! Ours started off with some drama but luckily it turned out to be a pretty great one! So I found out Thursday night that my parents, sister and her husband had been working closely with Mr Tan Lines to surprise me with a visit for the weekend! Unfortunately, United Airlines had other plans and canceled all of their outbound flights. United kept saying the delays were mechanical related and finally around 6pm they just canceled everything. So my family thought, ok we’ll drive, it’s only 7 hours. Well, United had managed to lose my sister and husbands’ checked luggage…even though they never left the airport their bags were lost! Needless to say they had a nightmare of a day on the 3rd and it didn’t even end with a trip down to see me! If you want some entertainment you can follow me on Twitter @aundrealily23 and you can see how much I harassed United Airlines all weekend. I am still so disappointed with their customer service, my sister and her husband had to call 6 different times and hold for over 7 hours just to get a reference number for their lost bag, awful, just awful! I was sure to spread the word, if one person decides not to fly with United because of my story then I consider that a HUGE tiny win :)

Anyway, so after that drama was resolved Mr Tan Lines and I decided to still try and have a great weekend despite me missing my family. Friday morning we went for a nice walk then loaded up on food for the weekend. We went to the local peach festival that actually turned out to be really fun! We bought some yummy spice blends and a new decorative sign for the house. We also had some delicious peach cobbler and peach tea! The weather was perfect; it hung around the low 80’s so it was great for walking around and exploring! Here are some pics from the festival! I loved rockin' my new red, white & blue clothing accessories! 




Friday night Gamecox and her fiancé came over for dinner and fireworks! Mr Tan Lines and I prepared some baby back ribs and corn on the cob for them! We used a really simple, easy recipe that I put below; they were so good and easy to prepare so please try them out some time!

I purchased a long rack of baby back ribs from Publix and placed them into a deep, aluminum foil lined, oven friendly tray. I used my turkey roasting rack from Bed Bath & Beyond. I then seasoned both sides with Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce, Adobo all purpose seasoning, pepper, oregano and Worchestershire sauce.  We let them marinade for about an hour then placed them into the oven for 2 hours, slowly increasing the temperature every 30 minutes. We started at 225 degrees then slowing went up to 325. We pulled them out and let them rest for 30 minutes then placed them onto the hot outdoor grill in order to get some good color and crunch on them, yum!
After dinner we strolled out into our street as our neighbors had begun shooting off fireworks! We sat back and enjoyed the show; it was so pretty & fun! The weather was perfect too :) here is a picture of Gamecox and I with our sparklers!


Saturday Gamecox and her fiancé (finally!) came out on the boat with us! We headed to our favorite little party cove and set anchor. There were a lot of people there, as expected. We all ended up having such a great time! The sun was out, the water felt great and the energy was fun filled. We are so glad they decided to come out with us, cannot wait to do it again!







Sunday we decided to go to our favorite little hang out Arko’s for some brunch and oh man was it delicious! I had eggs, pancakes and crispy bacon, yum! Mr Tan Lines had the shrimp and grits that were to die for, they were probably the best we’ve had here in SC to date! We also enjoyed bottomless mimosa’s sitting in our little corner booth!


After brunch we took a very long, and much needed nap! We then hung around the house and did some pre-week cleaning. I am so happy with how our weekend turned out! It was so much fun! I hope ya’ll had a lot of fun too!! Till next time!!

1 comment: