Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Recipe Sharing!!

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Wednesday! 

I wanted to share some healthy recipes with ya’ll today! First I’m going to share our favorite breakfast smoothie, it’s got a lot going on but it’s so good and healthy for you! My recipe below makes about 4 cups of smoothie.

Here is a list of the items you’ll need, just toss them in a blender and enjoy! It’s a little chunky so if you prefer something with more water just add more milk or juice :)

1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup coconut water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tbsp of egg white liquid
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup organic dried oatmeal

Blend together and enjoy! This is how we start off our mornings and I can truthfully tell you that it gives us energy and keeps us full!

The second recipe is for my own little spin on a caprese sandwich. Here’s what you’ll need:

6 oz chicken breast
Ciabatta bread
Pesto (I use a store bought one but you can certainly make your own)
Tomatoes
Avocado
Fresh basil
Fresh mozzarella
Salt & pepper

I started by seasoning the chicken with salt & pepper, then I baked it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, let it rest and cool. Then I sliced the avocados, tomatoes, mozzarella and chicken. I liberally spread the pesto on both sides of the bread and placed them in a warm pan.



Then I added the mozzarella


Then I added the basil leaves, about 3-4 on each sandwich and tomato and avocado

Then I added my sliced chicken


Then I put the two halves together and toasted them in the pan. I placed a heavier pot on top and tried to flatten them out a little.

Then I let them cool and sliced them, yum yum yum!!! Enjoy!


The third recipe is for bunless turkey burgers! Here’s what you’ll need:

6 oz ground turkey meat
Barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper
Cayenne
Low-fat cheddar cheese
Large lettuce leaves
1 tomato
1 avocado
Red onion

I seasoned the ground turkey the night before with salt, pepper, 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce and a few sprinkles of cayenne. I formed them into burgers and placed them in my mini oven to bake, 350 for 25 minutes. As soon as they came out I sprinkled them each with a tbsp of the shredded cheddar cheese.


Here’s how I served them. I started with a bed of the lettuce, I only had romaine but a large head of lettuce would have been much easier :) I placed the burgers on top, then I loaded them with my sliced avocado, tomatoes and red onion. With all of the veggies you can't even see the burgers! Dig in and enjoy!

I hope you all have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment