Monday, July 28, 2014

My Family Came To Visit!

Happy Monday everyone!!! What an incredible weekend we had!! My wonderful parents and M&M came down to visit! Yay! We had the best time hanging out with them and it was so nice to see them all!! We started off Friday by taking them around downtown Columbia and exploring the local scenery. We took them to see the Statehouse and we ate lunch at a yummy spot called The Thirsty Fellow. We followed that we some light shopping and a stop at a cute little coffee shop called Drip. We were all SO happy to see they had Honduran coffee there! I had a small cup and it was so delicious. For dinner we took them to our favorite little spot Arko’s where we sat on the rooftop and enjoyed the live acoustic music. Here we are at dinner :)


On Saturday we took the boat out and boy did we have fun! We went tubing and beached it at our favorite little cove. The weather was outstanding and my family loved the atmosphere. Here are some pictures from our boating fun!








On Sunday we braved the 100 degree weather and headed to the local zoo. It was actually a pretty good size with lots of different animals. Here are some pictures of the animals!

The flamingos were so cute to see in person!


Here I am very timidly petting the goat, I was nervous he was going to bite my hand!!


They had a spot around back where you could actually feed them so Mr Tan Lines and I did just that!


Here are Mr Tan Lines and I with the elephants!


The bird exhibit was great, the penguins were definitely the highlight!



Isn’t he the cutest!! :)


I also got to cross something off of my bucket list, feeding a giraffe! As you can tell I was very, very nervous! It was such a weird feeling but it was so much fun!


On Sunday night we went to our favorite sushi spot, my family all really loved it! Here is a picture of my and me mom and then one of my wonderful parents!



Monday morning I woke up to the usual puppy snuggles which were so nice to have! All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I miss my family already! Can’t wait to see them again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment