Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Margarita Basket Fun!

Hi everyone!!

Happy Hump Day and almost Friday and 3-day weekend! Sorry I’ve been gone, as usual I’ve been pretty busy! Here’s what I’ve been up to :)

Mr Tan Lines sent beautiful flowers to my work on Thursday just because, it was so sweet and they are so beautiful!


On Friday I brought in my ‘Merica cupcakes to work because we had a  company sponsored lunch. I used a store bought mix that was intended to make a 2-layered red & blue cake. Instead I dispersed the batter into muffin tins and did half blue and half red. I also purchased these cute American flag cupcakes from Home Goods!


They were a huge hit at work! Yay!





We attended Gamecox’s Stock the Bar party on Saturday night and it was a blast! Remember how I mentioned I was really excited about her gift?! Well, here’s what we got her! A complete “Build a Margarita Station!” I purchased the contents from various stores, I listed where below:

White and gold tequila (local liquor store)
Organic margarita mix (World Market)
Tangerita mix (Home Goods)
Sweet & sour mix (Home Goods)
Coconut lime salt for the rims (Home Goods)
Traditional rim salt that was dyed pink (Home Goods)
4 margarita glasses (World Market)
Fun beach umbrellas (World Market)
A lime juicer (World Market)
2 fun Gamecox themed giant cups (local college supply store)
Large aluminum tub (Home Goods)

Phew, I know, sounds like a lot! It was but we were so happy to do it! I purchased some filler straw from Michael’s and I was ready to go!







Here is what the end product looked like :) Gamecox and her future hubby were beyond thrilled with the basket!

On Sunday morning we took the boat out for a bit and what a beautiful day it was! It was actually a little cool this past weekend, in the upper 80’s (not really cool at all huh?!) But it felt great when you were out on the water!



Sunday ended with this new wine I purchased at a local store, it was a delicious Cabernet Franc from 2012.


All in all it was a fabulous weekend! I am so excited for this 3-day break from work, we don’t have very big plans. Heading out on the boat hopefully tomorrow, if Tropical Storm Arthur stays away! On the actual 4th we’ll just hang around in our neighborhood and watching the small fireworks they’ll be setting off. Saturday we’ll head out on the boat again and Sunday will be a day full of rest! Phew! Can’t wait!

1 comment: