Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Living Like a Vanderbilt!

Happy Tuesday!

How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was pretty great! I got to do something super cool; I spent the entire weekend living it up like a Vanderbilt at the infamous Biltmore Estate! 


I got to call this place home for a few days and boy was it amazing! We stayed at The Inn on the Biltmore grounds which is a 5-star, 4-Diamond resort.



We began Thursday night with a quiet evening enjoying drinks & a view!


Check out the pretty rainbow that decided to join us!



Friday morning I woke up early and did something I’ve always wanted to do, I went on a horse backing riding tour! The tour took us throughout the grounds where we got to see the luscious gardens and horse trails.



We also came out of the woods to see the west façade of the house, it was breath taking!




Following my horseback riding tour we did a private tour of the wine production facilities for the Biltmore winery.



I KNOW. This was right up my alley and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was so informational and I learned A TON about wine production.



We were able to see the storage and cooling facilities, along with the actual production tanks.



After the fabulous tour we enjoyed a private wine tasting of the exclusive Biltmore Reserve wines as well as the more popular Biltmore brand wines.





Friday night we were able to enjoy a delicious dinner that included grilled ice berg lettuce with caesar dressing and parmesan cheese accompanied with a yummy and piping hot french onion soup!



Saturday was really cool; we went to The Biltmore house and took in its beauty! Here are some fast facts about the Biltmore Estate. It was built 1889 – 1895 and designed by Richard Morris Hunt & Frederick Law Olmstead (Olmstead also designed The Mall in Washington, DC!) It is the largest privately owned house in the US and comes in at a whopping 176,000 sq. There are a ton of crazy facts but the one that stuck out the most was that there are 43 bathrooms, yes 43!!


The grounds are beautiful, with gardens and hidden walkways all over.





I then did a private Architects Tour that took me through the house and out onto the rooftop! From here we had amazing views of the grounds and of the house!



A fun fact, one of the many movies that were filmed here is the 1994 hit starring Macaulay Culkin as Richie Rich!

It was a perfect and relaxing weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment