Thursday, May 16, 2013

How to throw a Fabulous Bachelorette Party!

Happy Thursday!! And I’m even happier because today is my Friday, 3 day weekends are always the best! I wanted to start off by wishing my beautiful sister Luti a happy 34th birthday! We are going out for our traditional family dinner tonight and I am so excited! I’ll definitely follow up with another “Yummy Eats” blog telling you all about where we ate!
So today I’m going to tell you all about the fabulous bachelorette party I planned for my best friend! She got married last September and I was blessed to be her MOH. We have been friends for almost 15 years so we’d been looking forward to this day for a long time! There were 3 other bridesmaids so it wasn’t going to be large group which made it easy. I sent an email to the girls listing out various options with the estimated prices of each trip. Some of the places I listed out were Miami, NYC, Atlantic City, Dewey Beach, Las Vegas; a day spent doing wine tasting and a fun dinner, a night out in DC and a night out in Arlington. After comparing the prices the girls decided that Dewey Beach would be the perfect place! Dewey Beach is in Delaware and located about 3 hours north of us. If you live in this area you’ve most likely heard of it, it’s the biggest party beach around. My friends and I have been going there for years and we made a tradition to always stay in the same hotel. So this destination also had a special meaning to us since we’d spent so many weekends here partying it up and having a blast. It’s the mecca for fun loving people in their mid to upper 20’s that just want to have a good time! There is a cluster of fun outside bars that are our usual stomping grounds that are all within walking distance of our hotel. The bars always have the best live bands, drinks and crowds. Every time we’ve gone we’ve always made new friends, I’m a huge fan if you can’t tell!

Anyway, some of the things I planned for the weekend went like this..
We arrived on Friday afternoon and I had everyone buy matching tank tops from Target. They were only $9 and they made for great pictures! I also made “party bags” for each girl that had lei’s, lots of candy, snacks, beads and a few other things that I purchased from the dollar spot at Target and the dollar section at Michael’s.  I also had the girls buy fun fedora hats and got the bride a hot pink boa.  I also printed these cute little signs that said “Bride” “Bachelorette” “Maid of Honor” and “Bridesmaid”. As you can see, the girls loved the fun accessories!


I also made this over-size ring out of poster board for her to wear around her neck that had a list of fun things to do and check off over the course of the weekend! She's wearing it below, bottom right! They said things like "take a shot of something blue" "take a picture with another bachelorette party" "get someone to give you $5" "get on stage and request a song" it turned out to be a lot of fun! :)



On Saturday Dewey Beach hosted one of its largest annual events, The Running of the Bulls. Everyone dresses up in red & white and then at 2pm a “bull” runs a route through the city and everyone runs after him. This was our first time experiencing it; and it was definitely one of the funnest times we have had there! It was hosted at The Starboard, which if you ever go you have to order a Bullshark, they are my absolute favorite drink, I’m not sure what’s in it except for champagne but it’s amazing!


I had also planned that on Saturday night all of the girls wear LBD’s and the bride wear white. It was really fun having her stand out! I also got her a fun kids veil from Michael’s, a cute pink garter and a bride sash! I planned for us to have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in Dewey, Nalu. It was great food and there ended up being a live band there that kept us there all night!


It was such a fun weekend and I don’t think we could have asked for more. Although Dewey Beach is obviously a beach, I don’t think we’ve ever actually hung out on it, except to take cute pictures of course! Here is a cute collage I made with a picture of each girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment