Friday, July 5, 2013

Dancin' Shoes!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all had a great 4th of July! I don’t think I’ve mentioned that the 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday! I just love fireworks so much and I love how patriotic it always feels! We didn’t get to see live fireworks this year, poor Miss Lily is so scared of them! But we did play with some sparklers on our deck :) I also put a picture below of Miss. Lily rockin’ her red!
This past week we finished yet another DIY wedding craft! The location of our wedding reception is outdoors and the floor is made of brick, not very barefoot friendly! So I wanted to give out flip flops to the ladies in case they wanted to take their shoes off! Luck was definitely in our favor as last week Old Navy had all of their flip flops on sale for $1 !! We couldn’t believe it! We headed there early in the morning and picked up 30 pairs of flip flops! We were told we weren’t the only wedding party there that day, all of the white flip flops were already gone! However it worked out better as we got all of ours in a pretty light blue color that matches everything else!


Yesterday I went to Home Goods and found this amazingly perfect box to hold all of our flip flops! I was planning on buying a box then adding some paint, pictures of seashells etc. but this one turned out much better than expected! It matches our colors perfectly and has the beach theme with "Anchors Away" written on it...love!




When I left Home Goods I walked by Michael’s and noticed that they had ribbon on sale for $1, I know right?! Another great deal! I grabbed 12 rolls of all different blue ribbons, used my 15% off coupon and ended up only paying $10!




When I got home I removed the Old Navy tags from all of the flip flops and wrote the size of each flip flop on the bottom, making it easy for people to find their size! I then proceeded to tie a piece of ribbon on each pair, securing them together and adding a really cute touch! They look so cute in the box, and I really love the different ribbons! This DIY turned out great and I can’t wait for everyone to see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment