Monday, March 9, 2015

Ribs, Marley & Wine!

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?! Ours was great!

First and foremost and above all MOST importantly…we officially adopted Marley over the weekend! We’ve been having such a great time with him and Miss Lily really started to warm up to him. This is a picture I snapped yesterday leaving the dog park, I think they enjoyed themselves, don’t you?!


They even shared their first snuggle last week…I was one proud fur mom!


We were lucky enough to have great weather this weekend so we got a lot of things done! Most importantly we finished all of the touch up work that needed to be done which felt so nice! Friday we hung out with Netflix and our favorite cabernet, it was so relaxing and much needed!



Saturday we ran a ton of errands and then had a really fun date night at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse! We have eaten there before and thought the steaks were good, but we decided to order a smorgasbord of appetizers instead! We got the seasoned chips which are amazing, the bbq shrimp, the steak skewers, fried calamari and potatoes au gratin…everything was delicious and we left quite full!


Sunday Mr Tan Lines went on another 12-mile bike ride with some of our neighbors so I did some things around the house and went for a great run around our neighborhood. We then spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the 72 degree weather.


Sunday night I made some super tasty ribs that Mr Tan Lines grilled. I marinaded them with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, 2 tbsp of cowboy rub (store bought) and 1/4 cup of a steak chop marinade.


I let them sit for 5 hours in the fridge and OMG were they delicious! We ate them with some grilled corn on the cob and baked beans!


After dinner I (finally) watched the movie Pitch Perfect, it happened to be on tv and I thought I’d give it a go! I ended up really liking it! Although it was really predictable as far as the love story and overall outcome, it still had its funny moments.  Marley certainly enjoyed it, can’t you tell?


Well, tonight is the night! We are finally going to find out who the new Princess Farming is going to be! I read a few spoilers (I mean really, who hasn’t this season?!) and I would be shocked if they weren’t right. Whitney seems like the perfect fit for Chris and more importantly I think she’s mentally ready to actually live in Iowa aka be banished to an area where the population is: you. I also get the vibe that Becca is about 8 years behind in her relationship maturity level and really, who has time for that?

I’m excited to watch this season come to a close! Hopefully (fingers crossed) we’ll also learn that Britt is the new bachelorette! Although I’ve heard it might be Kaitlyn, which wouldn’t be the worst thing but as you know I’ve been #teambritt from day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment