Thursday, March 6, 2014

10.26.13

Sorry for the delay everyone! We had yet another snow storm this weekend and I was unable to get to my blog!


So the day had finally come!! October 26, 2013 was finally here and man was I ready! We woke up around 8:30am and Mr. Tan Lines headed out to go help with the unloading of wedding supplies from the cars and taking them to the reception site. I headed to my sisters room where the makeup artist and hair stylist were meeting us. I was feeling so calm and happy, definitely a little nervous but more than anything excited! Remember Kayla from my hair trial? Well here she was again! All in all it took about 2 hours for me to get my hair and makeup done. It was so much fun to listen to music and stare out at the BEAUTIFUL blue sky and gorgeous beach! My thousands of prayers had paid off!


Taking pictures after my hair and make-up was done felt like a whirlwind! Kayla had arrived 30 minutes late therefore making us girls a little late in getting dressed. But, luckily everyone was super quick and didn’t delay the photographer too much.  After that we took some fun pictures in the room and I got dressed!


I still felt to calm and ready! Even with the hair, jewelry, earrings and dress on it still felt surreal.  






After that we headed down to Orange Beach for our first look. It was one of my most favorite moments of the day. It was just him and I and we were able to spend 15 minutes alone taking in the day and enjoying the moment. It was soo quiet and calm on the beach too, it was a great memory to make :)















After we got all of the pictures we wanted the girls and I headed back to our car. We just sat around for 20 minutes or so as guests arrived and chatted. All of my bridesmaids were still amazed at how calm I was and I just kept saying that I just felt ready and of course, I was ready to party!



The ceremony was beautiful, short and sweet. It was exactly what I’d always wanted!









We then headed back to Cobalt, the location for the reception site! The decorations were beautiful and I was so happy with how everything turned out. If something wasn’t right I certainly didn’t notice! We had our first dance to “Kissed You” by Gloriana and our first dance with our parents. FINALLY it was time to eat! On the menu was prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, seafood paella and shrimp and grits! Yum! Yum! Yum! Mr. Tan Lines and I then ate our dinner and went around to each table to thank them for coming. It was a nice way to say hi to everyone and give them a hug!  






 
We headed back out to the beach at sunset and were able to get these amazing shots, some of which are my favorites!!



 
We did speeches after dinner and then a group photo with all of our guests! After that it was party time!




 
The cake cutting was so fun and it was delicious! I don’t know anyone that doesn’t love red velvet! After that it was just time to dance and enjoy ourselves! Once it got dark we did our wish lantern release which from what guests told me was their absolute favorite part of the evening. It turned out beautiful!








 
We had a grand sparkler exit and left the reception site by boat. It was the most incredible day of my life and I really wish I could relive it over and over again! 






I'll probably put up more pictures from time to time, we have over 1,100! I also want to give a shout out to our amazing photographer Posh Images, they did a fantastic job!

No comments:

Post a Comment