Friday, August 8, 2014

The Best Salmon Salad You'll Ever Make!

Happy happy Friday everyone! I am so looking forward to the weekend because we have no plans and I cannot wait to just sit back and relax! We are going boating tonight for a little sunset cruise, so hopefully the clouds go away and I can post some pictures on Monday!

Last night I made the most delicious salmon salad so I had to share it with you guys. I made it on Tuesday but forgot to take pictures, so naturally I had to make it again! :) Mr Tan Lines is quite in love with it, looks like I’ll be making this one about once a week!

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 salmon filets (4-5 oz each)
Adobo all-purpose seasoning
1 lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp fresh goat cheese (optional)
4 cups mixed greens (I use 2 cups per salad)
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 cucumber
1/2 chopped red onion

For the salmon filets: I seasoned each side with about a tsp of the Adobo all-purpose seasoning. Put 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and heat to medium-high. Place salmon in hot pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. I like my salmon well-done and Mr Tan Lines prefers his medium so you have to gauge the thickness of each piece to determine what kind of wellness you want. Set aside to cool.

For the dressing: combine the extra virgin olive oil, pepper, Dijon and juice from 1 lemon in a bowl and stir. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion. Pour 3-4 tablespoons into the bowl of the dressing and mix well. I hate over dressed salads, so use however much you like. 3-4 tablespoons will lightly coat everything. You can also use your dressing on the side if you want!

Split the salad into two large bowls. Place the salmon filets in the center of your salad. Crumble the fresh goat cheese on top, I for one love goat cheese so I have a heavy hand; just use however much like. You can also use fresh blue cheese if you prefer. Voila! That’s it. I put pictures below of the finished product and my dressing on the side in a small bowl. This is truly one of the best salads that I have ever had; I hope you’ll try it out!



Here are two pictures of Miss Lily yesterday lounging and enjoying herself! Isn’t she the most adorable puppy! I hope you all have a great weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment