Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Recipe Fun!

Happy Thursday! Yay one more day until Friday!

So today I have two new, healthy recipes I wanted to share with ya’ll! I made one for dinner last night and then one for lunch today, I hope you try them both out because they are delicious! Here is a picture of me from last night cooking with my girl Ina! Please excuse my bad hair, this was after my late afternoon kick boxing class that really kicked my butt!



The first one is super easy AND healthy…it’s sloppy joe’s!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/2 tsp oregano
6 turns of fresh cracked black pepper
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp dry mustard
A few sprinkles of chili powder (depends on how much heat you want)
1 can of diced tomatoes with no salt added
1 small can of tomato sauce


Here’s what I did:

Brown the turkey meat in a skillet, add everything from the list above into the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes. ENJOY. I know, it really is that simple. I serve them in mini whole-wheat pita pockets but you can also scoop it onto whole wheat hamburger buns for the real sloppy joe effect. Either way, you’ll really love them!  Ready for the next one?!

Next up is lighter chicken fajita lunch wraps. Because I used two small chicken pieces I simply sprinkled a little bit of each condiment on each one. For a more accurately measured homemade taco seasoning refer to my older posts!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Two thin sliced chicken breasts (or two 4-5 oz pieces)
1/2 of a green pepper sliced
1/2 of a large onion sliced
Garlic salt
Onion powder
Oregano
Fresh cracked black pepper
Salt
Cumin
Chili powder
Cayenne pepper
Sour cream (I used a light kind)
Whole grain tortillas
Mexican cheese (I used a reduced fat kind)


Here’s what I did:

Season your chicken with the condiments and place into a sauté pan with 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. The thin sliced chicken only takes about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside to cool. In the same pan place your sliced white onion and green peppers, sauté on medium for about 10 minutes until the onions are just starting to caramelize. Lay your tortillas on flat surface, spread a tablespoon of sour cream on each one. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the sour cream. Slice your chicken and place on top of the cheese, top with the onion and green peppers, wrap up and enjoy! This is a great on-the-go meal that takes no time to prepare and is delicious to eat the next day!

I wanted to end today’s post with some pictures of Miss Lily. She had a very relaxing day yesterday, can't you tell?!






No comments:

Post a Comment