Monday, August 4, 2014

Brew At The Zoo & Gamecox's Bachelorette Party!

Doesn’t it just feel like your weekends fly by sometimes?! I know I feel that way at least! I had a fabulous weekend and I hope ya’ll did too! We started out with a something unique and fun to the area, at little event called Brew at the Zoo! The local zoo invites local breweries to set up tents and sample out their latest and greatest! There were over 40+ vendors there with samples spread throughout the entire zoo! There were also some food tents and a live band. It was a sold out event but the crowds didn’t seem too big! We walked around and re-visited a few of the animals and sampled beers as we went. It is such a neat concept and we have a great time, can’t wait to do it again next year :)


On Saturday I headed to Charlotte, NC with Gamecox and her bridesmaids to celebrate her bachelorette party! It was a short drive and we arrived in Charlotte around 3pm. We hung around the room and got ready then a make-up artist came and dolled us all up! It was great to have someone do our make up for us, definitely added to the night. We then headed to a nice dinner uptown and then we hit Howl at the Moon, Charlotte’s very own dueling piano bar! We had a VIP table reserved for us and it was so much fun dancing and singing along to the band! Here is picture of the beautiful bride to be and then a selfie of us both!



I headed back Sunday morning and Mr Tan Lines and I decided to take the boat out with Captain Lily. It was her first time on a center console but she did really great. It went a lot faster than the tritoon boats so we were a little worried, but once again Captain Lily surprised us all! She had a great time playing in the sand and even got in the water a little further this time!



Last week I tried two different and new wines that I wanted to share with you! The first was suggested by Clam to me, it was a Primitivo from Grifone that I purchased from Trader Joe’s. It was delicious! Primitivo is also known as a Zifandel and is a variety of a black-skinned wine grape. The grape was primarily found in the Puglia region (the “heel” of Italy) until the 19th century when it made its way to the states.  It’s usually a very robust red wine but that always depends on the ripeness of the grapes.  I paired it with a small piece of sirloin and some asparagus and it was just fabulous, it had great blackberry and pepper notes that I enjoyed.


The second was a Malbec from one of my favorite brands Trapiche. I have tried several of their varietals but never the Malbec and I can say that I very much enjoyed it! I actually cooled this one for about 20 minutes in the freezer before popping it open. I don’t know if it was the hot weather but it tasted absolutely delicious and smooth and was so refreshing being that it was chilled. I also wanted to show off the cute wine dress M&M got for Mr Tan Lines and I from their recent trip to Turkey! Isn’t it so cute!


I don’t know about you but I am SO excited for Bachelor in Paradise tonight! Looks like all of the train wrecks from previous seasons of The Bachelor and Bachelorette that we love to hate are back to bring some joy and entertainment to our lives! Can’t wait to see what have in store for them! 

And lastly, here is the cutest picture of Miss Lily after a fun day at the dog park!

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment