Monday, June 23, 2014

Boating & Wine

Happy Monday! We had a great, fun filled and busy weekend! I hope ya’ll did the same!

Friday night we went to date night and ended up discovering our new favorite hang out, a cute indoor/outdoor place called Arkos Mojo Grill and Martini bar! We ended up sitting on the rooftop deck and enjoyed delicious margaritas and an acoustic guitar player. I ordered the shrimp & chorizo salad and Mr Tan Lines ordered the chicken tacos. Both of our meals were outstanding! We even got to talk to the owner/manager who told us about the fun events they have planned for the summer. We can’t wait to go back and hang out there again! Here is a picture of our view of the guitar player from the rooftop:


The weather was perfect on Saturday and we decided to take the boat out! We chose to take the Bryant instead of a tri-toon and leave Miss Lily at home; it was much too hot for her! The Bryant is a beautiful boat and was actually a lot faster than I expected. We ended up hanging out on the boat for about 3 hours then decided to head in. Temperatures were hovering somewhere around 98 degrees and we felt we had gotten plenty of sun! Here are some pictures from our fun time on the boat!






Saturday night we decided to grill out and just relax at home. Mr Tan Lines did some yard work while I cleaned the house and took a well deserved nap! :) I marinated the steaks for us and got the corn on the cob ready, we relaxed and watched an episode of Breaking Bad! We are SO late in the BB game, we never watched it before and are now catching up on Netflix; we are currently in the middle of season 4! We had gone to World Market earlier in the day and I picked up two very delicious bottles of wine. We opened the first one on Saturday night; below is a picture of the bottle with one of my wine glasses that I also purchased at World Market! The wine was delicious, it was on the sweeter side but I didn’t mind. I ended up popping the bottle in the fridge for 30 minutes and letting it cool down a bit, the cooler temperature definitely improved the flavor.


Sunday was a day full of relaxation. As I mentioned last week we finally got cable so we were excited to turn on Sports Center and catch up on the World Cup excitement! We ran a few errands and decided to stop at Coldstone before we headed home! My friend Gamecox and her fiancé had given us a gift certificate for my birthday and we were so excited to use it! Mr Tan Lines got the Oreo Lovers in a waffle cone and I got french vanilla, gummy bears and rainbow sprinkles, my absolute favorite! 


We then headed home and did a little more cleaning. I marinated some chicken drumsticks with Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce and chili sauce and put them into zip lock baggies. We had planned to grill them later that evening. After all of my chores were done Miss Lily and I snuggled on the couch while watching Fast Five. I had watched it once before but forgot just what a great movie it is! Here is a picture of Miss Lily perfectly at ease on the couch with me :)


For dinner Sunday night we cracked open the second bottle that I purchased from World Market. This time I didn’t chill it in the fridge but equally enjoyed it! We actually drank it while watching the USA v. Portugal soccer match, if you happened to see it then you know how I’m feeling! What an exciting game, I couldn’t believe the ending; I was just getting ready to do my victory dance and then BAM. GOAL. It was crazy, but exciting none the less and at least we have not yet been eliminated!


I am so excited to watch The Bachlorette tonight! Andi has really grown on me and I can’t wait to see what kind of drama the boys will stir up tonight! Andi is just the cutest, tune into ABC tonight so we can chat about it tomorrow! Have a great day and talk to you later!


2 comments:

  1. Branden and I just started watching Breaking Bad! We've made it through the first 7 episodes and we started on Friday haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's so so good! So far in season 4 every episode ending we''ve been like OMG WHATTT!!

      Delete