Tuesday, June 17, 2014

South Carolina Life!

Once again I’ve left you all in the dark!! Happy June and happy almost summer!! June has been a very busy month for us down here! Let’s see where did we even leave off? I celebrated my 28th birthday in a fabulous fashion and it was perfect! There is a really cute tradition in the town we live in, similar to the “Lock of Love Bridge” in Paris, France where people place their locks on the town bridge then throw the keys down into the lake! We decided that it was time to lock in our love and join in on the tradition! We picked a great spot, as you can always see the big red heart when you are driving by! There must be over 500 locks on the fence, it was a really great way to end our Saturday! We also got to witness a beautiful sunset over the lake!





We also decided that being so close to a body of water that it was time to make an investment! We’re now officially living the boat life! It’s been such a great experience and Miss Lily is really loving the water! She was quite hesitant at first but the more we go the more comfortable she gets, one day she’ll be jumping in the water all by herself!


I made some purchases adding to my South Carolina gear, I was in the hunt for a hat sporting the Palmetto logo, it took me a few weeks but I finally found the perfect one!


I also found a seller on Etsy that made this super cute South Carolina necklace for me! The shops name is IvyByDesign and they can make any state that you like!

Next to the marina there is a cute little beach restaurant where we sometimes eat lunch, we stopped by there one afternoon and I had a delicious sangria, I had to take a picture!


It’s been a great last couple of weeks and I am so excited for what is to come! I ordered some new furniture yesterday and plan to order some new curtains today. The house is almost done and I can’t wait for our friends to see it when they visit in July! 



We also attended the Florida Georgia Line and Nelly concert in Augusta, GA this past weekend that was an absolute blast! It was hosted at the Lake Olmstead Baseball Stadium, which holds around 4,200 people so it was a great venue! We had field tickets so we were pretty close to the stage! They put on an awesome show and combined with Nelly it was just one big dance party!! 



Thanks everyone for sticking around, work has been crazy but I really hope to keep everyone in the loop like usual! Have a great week!

2 comments: