Wednesday, June 5, 2013

143 Days Till We're Hitched!

It’s hump day! I can’t figure out if this week is going by slow or fast, I feel like it keeps alternating on me! It’s been a week full of learning and getting to meet tons of new people.

I just started thinking about how everyone said this would happen, more than 200 days ago when we were at the 1 year mark until our wedding; everyone said this year would fly by. And I’m so sad to say that it has! I cannot believe it’s already June and our wedding is just 4 1/2 months away. I already don’t want the whole weekend/trip to be over! I keep thinking about everything that we get to do that week, leading up to the wedding and then the honeymoon..I just don’t want it to be over. It’s going to be the two most exciting weeks of our lives and as much as I’m looking forward to them I want time to slow down so we can keep being excited and looking forward to it.

I can’t wait for Mr. Tan Lines to see my dress; I think he’s just going to love it! Remember I said that my dress had a special story? Well, here it is! I found the dress online and completely fell in love with it; I won’t post a picture because Mr. Tan Lines reads this, but it’s designed by Hailey Page. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. However I never planned on spending thousands of dollars on a dress, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend so much money on a dress I was only going to wear once! So I decided to do what my sister did and have a tailor hand make a replica of the dress. I actually found Yuan on Esty, otherwise I never would have, she has a small shop in China. (I told ya this site is amazing!) Yuan has a shop where she makes tons of custom dresses. I emailed her pictures and specifics of what I wanted and I had my dress in my arms just one month later. Handmade and beautiful I danced around the house in it as soon as I got home. Considering that I had never tried on that particular dress it was definitely a little scary, but once it was on I was just soo excited. She did such an amazing job, I couldn’t have asked for better; it looks exactly like the pictures that I sent. I was completely blown away! Like I said I won’t put up pictures but here is a close up of the detailing that I showed Mr. Tan Lines a few months ago.

Now don’t get me wrong, I did try on a bunch of dresses before selecting this one. I went to three different boutiques and tried on various silhouettes and styles. This helped me figure out what kind of dress I wanted, and made looking online so much easier! Now in just 143 days I get to share my dress with him and everyone else! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment