Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lily Love & Books To Read!

Happy Tuesday!

Well it’s day three of having baby Lily around and we are so happy and blessed! She is such a joy and at the current moment I just can’t think or talk about anything else!  Here is a picture I took of us last night while we were watching The Bachelorette!




I did do something exciting today however, I purchased three new books to read! I love to read, I love getting lost in stories and relating to the characters. I was on Buzzfeed, an amazing site with hilarious stories and different list compilations, t’s a great cheerer upper kind of website! Anyway, they had a list of the top 14 books you need to read before they hit the big screen. I perused the article and decided on the three below. I love reading books before seeing them on the big screen, especially when they’re already getting great reviews! They each sound incredible and I think I will enjoy getting through each one :) Here are the books I bought today on Amazon, because I got two of them used I only spent $25..shipping was free because I spent that $25! I included the descriptions posted on Buzzfeed as well. I didn’t Wikipedia them because I was afraid it’d give away the ending, but here are the snippets I got!




1.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Here’s why: "A terminally ill girl unexpectedly falls in love despite her inevitable fate." Classic tear jerker read.  It’s not the first of its kind, but it had great reviews and I’m looking forward to reading it!




2. Serena by Ron Rash
Here’s why: "A thrilling tale that follows newlyweds George and Serena Pemberton on their journey to create a timer empire and ruthlessly kill all who fall out of favor. Serena finds out some unfortunate information and then crap hits the fan." I have to admit, because Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are starring in it is the real reason here…but the movie is already getting lots of great buzz so I can’t wait to dive in!




3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Here’s why: "A 17-year old girl slips into a coma after a bad accident. She has an out-of-body experience, she watches as friends and family visit and then needs to choose to live a difficult life or die peacefully." The minute I read this tiny short description I got chills, this one sounds amazing and I think I’m going to tackle it first. Can you imagine?! Ahhhh, I can’t wait!

I’ll definitely give some reviews as I finish each one, but if you want to read along with me that’d be fun too! :)
Oh and if you want to waste some time, here is the link to the full article!

No comments:

Post a Comment