Thursday, June 6, 2013

Will You Accept This Rose?

Happy Thursday everyone!

I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday! We have a really fun weekend coming up and I can’t wait for all of the fun we are going to have! Hopefully Tropical Storm Andrea doesn’t put a rainy damper on anything :) Here is where I'm expected to hit this weekend! #imakeitrain
I just wanted to talk about what’s on my mind at the moment; and I was just reading an article about the new season of The Bachelorette. I am such a huge fan of this show, I don’t know what it is, but every season it just gets me hooked! This season is no exception, Des is a great bachelorette and the guys have shown that it’s going to be another great boy-drama filled season. Every Monday night Mr. Tan Lines and I sit down and enjoy dinner while watching the show. Mr. Tan Lines is such a good sport about it, he’d rather be watching just about anything else, but he knows how excited I get so he happily sits down and watches with me. Here is Des in on one of the promotional posters for the show.


I don’t think I have any favorites yet, Des went on two one on one dates this past week and I thought both guys were so great! I could picture both of them at the finish line; I can’t imagine how hard this is going to be at the end! It’s so entertaining on two fronts, you come to really like Des and you want her to find a good man; and on the other you just have to laugh at the man tears and drama that these guys cause for each other. Isn’t she so cute!? I can’t wait to see how this will end.

Today I also wanted to share another one of my own creation recipes. I’m sure there is recipe for something like this out there, however I just kind of threw a bunch of things together and the end result was AMAZING! I only made this once and now that we are on a health kick until the wedding I’ll have to wait for a chilly fall day to make this again!

I used our crock pot to cook this, I prepared it all the night before and left it in the fridge, then before leaving for work the next morning we turned it on high.

I bought roughly 2 pounds of a beef roast. I trimmed the fat then cut it into 1-inch cubes. Then into my crock pot I added:

My chopped up beef
1 medium-large white onion, chopped
3 cups beef broth (low sodium)
3 large russet potatoes chopped into large cubes (similar to size of meat)
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (low-sodium if you can find it)
1 tbsp Adobe all-purpose seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

One tip I did which I don’t know if it helped, but it’s what I did so I’ll share it with you. When putting my ingredients into the crock pot I did it in layers. I layered it just enough to cover the bottom and each layer after that. I started with the chopped onions, covered the bottom then added my meat. Covered the onions with meat then added the potatoes. So on and then I added 4 tbsp of the cream of mushroom, 1 cup of the broth and I broke the dry ingredients into 3 portions so I could layer them as well. I just wanted to make sure that everything was covered with all the yummy goodness I was putting into it. Probably not necessary but just thought I would share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment