Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's A Baby Shower!

And it’s Thursday everyone! We’re so close to Friday I can almost taste it! We are supposed to experience an intense number of thunderstorms today, but so far we just had a brief but heavy five minute downpour. Hopefully the storms stay away! :)

So this past Saturday we did something really fun, one of my friends is pregnant and hosted her Buns in the Oven Baby-Q. She didn’t want to do a formal shower with just girls and all of the games, so it was more of a big barbeque and group hang out! She and her husband made hot dogs and burgers for everyone and there were tons of sides like pasta salad and macaroni salad, it was all so delicious! I brought the much requested meatballs, I put my recipe below! Here is a picture of all the girls at the barbecue.


I usually just buy a big bag of pre-cooked frozen meatballs, I alternate between brands so whatever you like go ahead and get! I have also done the same recipe with turkey meatballs and they came out equally as good! I also make these in the crock pot which makes it one of the easiest things to make!

First I pour as many meatballs as will fit into the crock pot, ours is small, but with the frozen balls I’d say it’s probably around 8 1/2 cups.

Then I add the following:

1 1/2 – 2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce
1 cup chili sauce
2 cups grape jelly

And guess what, that’s it!! It’s so easy and they are a huge crowd pleaser every time. I usually cook them on high for 5-6 hours and then turn it down to low once the party starts. Enjoy!

I also brought one game for us to play, after everyone had arrived all of the girls headed downstairs to open gifts. Then I brought out my game, it was really easy to make and it’s been a hit at three different baby showers so far! I used inDesign to create the pages but you could do it in Word or PowerPoint too, or even handwrite them! I then Googled “crazy celebrity baby names” and trust me—tons of them come up! Then I picked the names based on the celebrities, it’s best to use ones that guests will be familiar with and able to guess. Then on the front side I wrote the babies name, for example “Apple.” Then on the back I wrote the answer “Gwyneth Paltrow” and then under that a few hints about who the answer is, so I listed “Starred in Great Expectations & The Perfect Murder.” So, the point of the game is for the guests to guess the celebrity parent of the baby. It really gets a laugh because there are some pretty wild baby names out there! I think I made about 30 and then the guest with the most correct answers gets a prize! Super fun and easy! Here are some fun pictures from the shower :) Mr. Tan Lines and I purchased the mini golf set at Dick's Sporting Goods, it was perfect because her husband is an avid golfer!

1 comment: