Tuesday, April 23, 2013

1 Month Until My Birthday!

It’s truly amazing how time flies! I cannot believe that in just one short month I will be 27 years old. When I turned 26 I didn't really feel like anything was changing, or even feel older for that matter. But for some reason 27 seems like an age that means something, now I feel like I really have to act like an adult! I think it also has to do with just how much I’ve grown in the past year, at this time last year I wasn’t engaged to Mr. Tan Lines yet but I was hoping we would be soon. I think this past year had so much going on, so many life events for myself and my friends and I think it really made me feel like I’m growing up! Getting engaged, obviously in and of itself is a huge deal, but knowing that for the rest of my life I’ll always have Mr. Tan Lines around really made me feel happy. Like anything can happen, we can live anywhere and do anything and we’ll still have each other. We’ve been having so much fun this past year too, going through so many different adventures and learning to love each other despite each other’s flaws. For example, Mr. Tan Lines is always leaving broken chips in the hummus, this might be my biggest pet peeve, yet as I pick out the little chip pieces I still feel so much love for him and can’t wait for us to be together again!
So with that being said I want to leave you with one of my all-time favorite poems. It’s one of those poems that each time you read it you feel something different, or interpret a phrase in a different way. I just know that every time I read it I feel so calm and happy because it reminds me of Mr. Tan Lines and how much I treasure what we have : )
Unending Love by Rabindranath Tagore

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times…
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
In life after life, in age after age, forever.

Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, it's age-old pain,
It's ancient tale of being apart or together.
As I stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
Clad in the light of a pole-star piercing the darkness of time:
You become an image of what is remembered forever.

You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
We have played along side millions of lovers, shared in the same
Shy sweetness of meeting, the same distressful tears of farewell-
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
The love of all man’s days both past and forever:
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life.
The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours –
And the songs of every poet past and forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment