Monday, April 8, 2013

Yummy Eats! - Tallula

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had as great of a weekend as I did : ) we had our first great weather weekend and boy did we take advantage! We washed the cars, did some gardening and bbq’d on Friday night. Although I think we really don’t know the first thing about gardening but it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the weather! On Saturday night we went out to dinner with my sister and her husband, who will henceforth be known as M&M. We ventured into Arlington, a neighbor of Washington DC and home to the best collection of restaurants and bars. The best part is that most of them are within walking distance from other great places, so if you want to do dinner and then drinks at a separate location, it’s no sweat. Below is a picture of my outfit, I love finding good deals, I got this dress at Marshall’s for $25 and the shoes are Jessica Simpson’s, I love love love these shoes because they are super comfortable and super cute!


We usually like to try different restaurants and this time we chose to eat at Tallula. Its modern American fare with a HUGE wine selection and the price range is $$$. It has gotten tons of great press and raving reviews, always a good sign. I think my favorite thing about Tallula was the environment; there was just this really romantic glow about the place. We cozied up in a high back booth and ordered a bottle of Cabernet Franc. If you’re a fan of red wines I would highly recommend it, it’s a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and has a much more assertive taste then a typical Cabernet Sauvignon. Overall the meal was really good, we got the steak to share and a cheese and meat platter to split between the four of us. I was thinking Tallula would be a great place for a first date, it’s perfect for private conversations and it's ambiance really sets the mood, toss in a nice bottle of wine and you’re all set! There’s also a bar in the back where you can move to after you finish your meal. Below is a picture of us at dinner and then a picture of our complimentary dessert, I think they give it to everyone but who doesn't love a sweet treat to end the night! They were puffed dough balls in a yummy caramel sauce!  And last, but most certainly not the least, is a picture of my wine glass with the delicious Cabernet Franc!


No comments:

Post a Comment