Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Friday Darlings!

This week seemed to drag on but I am so excited that it is finally Friday! :) Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day for me; it’s my second wedding shower with my friends & family here in Virginia! I have been looking forward to this day for months, I’m so happy it’s finally here. The theme was developed by my sister and maid of honor who will be affectionately referred to as Luti. Luti loved my color scheme selection and after viewing some of my ideas on my wedding board on Pinterest she immediately thought that this would be the perfect idea! We then began to plan the event, I wasn’t involved too much as she wanted to really lead the effort and ask me for opinions here and there. We developed a yummy food menu and most importantly we came up with a delicious drink menu. We are having some fun cocktail punches that I can’t wait to try! I will give you a full run down on Monday, along with pictures!  


I mean, who just doesn't love this movie and Audrey Hepburn, she is the epitome of elegance! I’ve long had a respect and love for Mrs. Hepburn, especially of her outlook on life & love. I also think she was and is still a great inspiration to us. She spent the second half of her life devoted to UNICEF and helping impoverished children all over the world. Just reading about her legacy is inspiration enough to give to others when they don’t always give back to you, and to always try to help those less fortunate :)

In my first apartment I had my favorite quote from Mrs. Hepburn matted to the wall above my bed so that I could read it every day and remember to stay happy and be myself. I love this picture too because it's the first bouquet of flowers Mr. Tan Lines got for me, after surprising me at my apartment! Here is the poem so you can read it better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment