Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vino – A Particularly Great Brand

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today I want to talk about one of my favorite brands of wine. It’s called La Finca and it’s available at your local Trader Joe’s. If you’re unlucky to live an area with no TJ’s around, a quick Google search should be able to point you in the general direction of the wine. The reason I love this wine so much is because it’s only $4 at TJ’s...and I believe it to be one of the best valued wines that they offer. Being a huge wine enthusiast and having gone to college, I’ve had my fair share of cheap wines that almost always come with cheap taste. The great thing about La Finca though is that they actually taste great, you would never guess that you were drinking a $4 wine. I’m a big fan of reds, my favorites are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chianti & Malbec. My favorite from La Finca are the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Malbec, they are oh so delicious! Both have a great smooth texture and are light enough where you can drink them over and over again and not tire from an over bearing taste. They both have an equally light taste every time you take a sip, it always leaves you wanting more. I have paired both with various meals and I find myself enjoying it with turkey, chicken, salads and of course, steak. The only pairing I wouldn’t recommend, which seems obvious is fish, I dared to pair the two and what I received was a sour bitter taste from the wine.
We’ve had a few get togethers with friends in our new home and a trip to TJ’s for wine is always in the mix, definitely a great way to load up on all of your favorite wines for a large gathering! One thing I would recommend if you fall in love with this wine like I did is to buy in bulk. I returned yesterday to purchase more and they were out of the Malbec, where the day before the shelf was full! I guess my little secret is out! Below is a picture of the two wines and a picture of my glass with some Malbec. I had to share the picture of the glass, it’s the one and only wedding present we have opened so far! It was also my favorite selection of wine glasses that we put on our registry, we have decided to wait until after the wedding to open all of the gifts, but as a treat Mr. Tan Lines and I agreed to open the wine glasses since we would be using them so much! Thanks for reading and cheers! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment