Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sweet Home Alabama

Well hello! TGIF (for me at least) today is my last day of work before our mini-vacation down to Alabama this weekend! I am so excited to get out of VA for a while and relax with family and friends. This trip is also heavily dedicated to the wedding as we will be wrapping up almost all of the loose ends. We will be finalizing the location of the tables for the reception space which will also help us determine how many centerpieces and linens we will need! Mr. Tan Lines' family and friends that live in Alabama are also throwing us a couple’s wedding shower that we are so so excited about! We will be picking the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner and I will be going on my very first Ferris Wheel which I am thrilled about! Wow, it sounds like a lot more now that I am typing it out! We will be meeting with the florist and the cake maker and putting down the deposit for both. We know what we want for both, so it’s a matter of selecting flavors and colors and then just getting everything settled. I am also doing a hair trial which should be really fun, I truly lucked out with my photographer, she has been such a huge help. She recommended the hair salon and I am excited to see what it’s like. All of that pretty much sums up our plans!
What’s also very exciting is that on Sunday we will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. This is the same day as the shower and it seems fitting to be celebrating things about our wedding on our two year anni. We are heading out to dinner alone later that evening, all I asked was that we go somewhere with great seafood! I cannot believe we’ve been dating for two years, it feels like so much longer, I feel like I’ve known him forever. We discussed this over the weekend and how that level of feeling comfortable with each other was just instant. Because we live together we often joke that we’re already married, we do everything that married couples do, without the paperwork. If this is a glimpse of what our lives are going to be like forever then I am pretty excited!!

I'll be leaving you guys for a few days, but I will have plenty of fun stuff to talk about when we get back, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment