Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Breakfast at Tiffany’s Wedding Shower

Happy Tuesday everyone! What an amazing weekend it was! I was blessed to have my second wedding shower hosted by my bridesmaids and attended by all my favorite girls! I couldn’t have asked for anything more, it was so much more fun and amazing than I could have imagined. The festivities started at 2pm where everyone got to mingle and load up on carbs and champagne. We had tons of different food options, some things on the menu included:

My spicy bbq meatballs
Mini turkey and ham sandwiches
Guacamole and chips
Pasta salad
Fruit salad
Piggies in a blanket
Cupcakes and cake balls!

As for the drinks, we had the usual fun girly things to drink, I think everyone’s favorite was the Blushing Bride Cocktail. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but instead of Grenadine we used Blue Curacao so that it matched the party better :) We had two different champagne cocktails, red & white wine and a make-your-own mimosa station. After about an hour or so of chit-chat we started the games, the first one we played at my request was having teams create a wedding dress out of toilet paper and dress up one girl, it was so much fun to watch all the girls get creative and have fun with it!




Next up we played the question game, where my maid of honor asked Mr. Tan Lines a series of questions about me or us and then I had to answer them and try to match what he said! For every question I got wrong I had to put a piece of bubble gum in my mouth! Luckily I only got four wrong, or else I would have been in some trouble. Following that we played the purse game where there was a little checklist and girls marked off whether they had the items in their purses or not. Kudos to my future mother-in-law for being the only guest with a picture of the bride in her purse!

Following this we played a cute game that I hadn’t seen before, on a sheet of paper there were 7 pictures of me and 7 pictures of Mr. Tan Lines from different years. Each guest had to guess what age we were in each of the pictures, very fun but difficult, I could hardly guess my own age! After this came the presents! I had asked beforehand that presents arrive un-wrapped; I just wanted to save some time and sanity from unwrapping each gift in front of everyone. This made for a quick run through of each gift which felt like the perfect amount of time. We also decided to put sticky labels on the gifts with the name of the giver instead of writing out the long list. This seemed like a great idea at the time; however now I cannot work on thank you’s at work because I don’t remember what everyone got me! So in hindsight I would say just to have one of your bridesmaids write out what everyone got you. During the gift opening one of my bridesmaids was secretly writing down my reactions to each gift, so at the end she read them out loud as the commentary that would ensue on our wedding night, it was pretty hilarious. Luckily it wasn’t anything too embarrassing, just a lot of “Aww I love it” and best of all “Oh it’s just my Dutch Oven!”



The shower completely flew by! It was scheduled from 2pm-4pm however we didn’t finish up until around 5:30pm. I guess time really does fly when you’re having fun huh?! I don’t think I can say thank you enough to all of my bridesmaids for everything they did in preparation for the day. From helping with set up, to cocktail making and then even staying to clean. It was truly one of the best afternoons I have ever had. I couldn’t have asked for better and I am so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment