Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Why Tan Lines & Wine?

This being our first meeting I’ll start this off with telling you a little bit about myself. I’m 26 years old (27 in less than two months), a professional working in Marketing and engaged to my favorite person in the whole world. Our wedding is set for late October on the Gulf Coast in Alabama, that’s where my fiancé is originally from, but I’ll get into more detail about “us” a little later. I think I’m a typical 26 year old woman, I’ve generally figured out who I am and the things I love, but most importantly the things that don’t matter. I love to do all sorts of things sometimes alone and sometimes with friends. I love to read new books, and old ones again for that matter, I love to cook and watch cooking shows, I love to lay out and listen to music, I love this even more if it’s on a beach, I love to stare off into space for countless minutes and dream about exotic beaches in faraway places, I love to travel, I love to nap and of course, as my name suggests, I love to drink wine. Some days I want nothing more than to wear sweat pants and baggy t-shirts all day and lounge around with Mr. Tan lines and Wine and then other days I like to shave my legs, put on some lipstick and high heels and hit the town. I have a typical job, nothing that excites me but it pays the bills and I have a typical schedule. After work we try to hit the gym, as I mentioned we have a wedding & honeymoon coming up! I usually cook us a fantastic & healthy dinner then we cuddle on the couch and watch our favorite tv shows while sipping wine and talking about nothing in particular. Weekends are sometimes busy and sometimes spent in bed all day, but we really like to try to get out and do new things, exercise, clean and spend as much time outside when the weather is nice, which thank goodness it’s finally starting to heat up here in Virginia. That’s where we live, in the suburbs of Washington DC in Northern Virginia. We get all four seasons which is great to experience and we get to be just close enough to experience the excitement of DC and all that comes with living near big cities.
Here is a picture of us from Valentine's Day, right before our very first dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House:

This website is a new journey for me, and I hope that you’ll stick around for the ride, it’s going to be a fun one and I hope you enjoy what I have to say. Until next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment