Friday, April 19, 2013

Beaches & Bridal Showers

Well happy happy Friday everyone!! What an incredible week it has been! Our trip to Alabama was nothing less than spectacular and full of love and family. Overall we had good weather, with the exception of our wedding shower day, which began with a torrential downpour early in the morning! Luckily, by the time we were ready to begin the shower it cleared up and made for a great afternoon/evening! As I mentioned our trip was very wedding dedicated and we were lucky enough to accomplish everything we set out to do. It’s a great feeling having almost everything done with more than 6 months to spare! I’ll get into those details later, but for now I want to tell you all about our shower! It was hosted by our friends and family on Fish River in southern Alabama. The house was completely breathtaking, located right on the edge of the river with dark wood interiors, large open windows all around and it even had an elevator! I loved that there was covered seating outside as well, it gave people a chance to cool off and enjoy the view if they wanted to. Food, food and more food, boy was there a lot of food! Everything was homemade and everything was delicious, from baby vanilla cupcakes to pigs in a blanket and my favorite, the filo dough taco cups. I think I probably ate 7 of those delicious little cups!! The hostesses really added a beautiful touch by decorating with burlap, white flowers and candles. Another great personal touch was marriage advice for each of us placed into glass vases decorated with seashells. We are so excited to see what everyone had to say! Below are some pictures from the party, including one of my favorite gifts, the beautiful KitchenAid! I think it’s every cooks dream, well maybe just my own, but it was always a dream of mine to own one and I cannot believe my dream has come true!







Of course while on vacation we did get to do a little actual vacationing! We hit the beach on Saturday and soaked up the rays for a better portion of the afternoon.



We also visited our “wedding beach” which is where our actual ceremony will take place. It’s a beautiful white sand beach with stunning ocean views. We are just thrilled to be getting married there!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Congrats on your Kitchen Aid!!

    ReplyDelete