Friday, January 2, 2015

Hi 2015.

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years! I am so excited to see what 2015 has to offer! As the New Year starts I thought I’d start with a fresh, new look for my blog :)



Mr Tan Lines and I headed to downtown Columbia where we met Gamecox and Timney for dinner! We enjoyed a delicious spinach dip, bacon wrapped filet mignon and banana fosters cheesecake! I know…I can say that it tasted as good as it sounds; it was so delicious! After dinner Timney and I headed out to a restaurant/bar a few blocks away where we danced and enjoyed some drinks!



Mr Tan Lines and I were home at exactly 11:53pm...just in time to watch the ball drop! Watching the ball drop is my absolute favorite moment from NYE and I was so happy we made it home in time! We then watched the concert afterwards and I actually really enjoyed it! I have to admit that I became a small One Direction fan Wednesday night, their performances were awesome!


I tried using hot rollers for the first time and let’s just say it was a valiant effort but did not go as planned! I purchased a $25 set from WalMart and was really disappointed with the end results! The curls fell within minutes even though I followed the instructions; I ended up using my curling iron to do them myself. I plan on researching a better brand and trying it out in the near future!


Yesterday I started to take down the Christmas decorations which was bitter sweet. I love having the house full of lights and garland; but it’s also nice to get the house back to normal and ready for summer! Yes, I said it, ready for summer! Once the New Year starts my brain immediately starts the countdown to boat season and summertime!


After removing the decorations we watched 1 of 3 great football games! The day started watching our dear Tigers battle it out with Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl. It was one heck of game but sadly we lost in OT due to a missed field goal. It was a hard fought season and we are looking forward to see how the changes made this season will improve our play in the fall! Win or lose, we love our tigers! WAR EAGLE!



Afterwards we happily watched as Oregon beat out Florida State, perhaps we’re still a little bitter from last year’s loss in the National Championship game but either way, BAI FSU. We then watched the beginning of the Alabama vs. Ohio State game; we didn’t have the energy to stay up and watch the ending but were happy to see that Ohio State was triumphant! I don’t know if there’s anything better then having my husband wake me up at 5:12am saying “Drea, Alabama lost!!!” it was a great way to start off our Friday and the weekend!!


I hope you all have a great weekend! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a blast on New Year's eve! I'm looking forward to 2015 too ;)

    ReplyDelete