Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Homemade Caesar Salads & Wine!

Happy Wednesday!

How has everyone’s week been so far? I feel like mine has been so busy! Monday nights episode of The Bachelor was pretty good! I was happy to see Ashley S. go home but sad that Prince Farming kept Ashley I. She reminds me of a desperate 12-year old with her whining and constant complaining! I’m still #teambritt but she broke bachelor cardinal rule #1, don’t ever question the bachelor! Chris was not at all pleased with being confronted, I think she got lucky this time!

I bought this delicious Merlot just for the occasion, Ghost Pines is one of our favorite affordable wine brands and we had never tried their Merlot…it’s delicious ya’ll! I know, you must be shocked to hear that! :)


Last night I was not in the mood to spend a long time on my feet, I was so tired from the 4 miles I ran at the gym! I decided to make quick fried chicken caesar salads, in total it took me about 20 minutes from start to finish!

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 chicken breasts, blutterfied
1/2 cup egg beaters or two eggs, scrambeled
1 cup bread crumbs (I used the seasoned kind)
Vegetable oil (enough to fill a deep pan with 1 inch of oil)
6 cups romaine lettuce
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup light caesar dressing
Croutons (I made my own, recipe for those below!)

Here’s what I did!

Pour 1 inch of the oil into a deep pot, I used my soup pot. Heat on medium, it took my oil about 10 minutes to reach the correct temperature.

Butterfly your chicken breasts and coat in the egg beaters, let rest until you’re ready to add them to your oil. Once it’s ready coat the chicken breasts with bread crumbs and drop into your oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, you want them to be a dark golden color. Place onto paper napkins to drip, dry and cool. Once you can pick them up slice them into 1-inch pieces.  You want to use a really sharp knife for this so you don’t tear off the breading!

In a large bowl combine the lettuce, parmesan cheese and dressing, mix well! Serve on a plate and top with your chicken and croutons, yum!

Homemade croutons:
2 cups of bread that is a few days old (but not stale), chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Cut your bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a single layer on a baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle the garlic powder and pepper. Mix well, I used my hands! Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. I used our small counter top oven, they will cook faster in a normal oven.

They were as yummy as they look!


We paired this delicious meal with a wonderful red blend I picked up the other day. I don’t usually buy blends but I am a fan of the 14 Hands brand. This was a great choice, it wasn’t too sweet and had a great spicy after taste. I will definitely buy this one again! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment