Friday, January 16, 2015

TGIF & Love Quiz!

TGIF!! I know I’m not the only one excited it’s Friday! I can’t wait to get this weekend started! Do you have big plans? We sure do! Sunday is Mr Tan Lines 29th birthday and I have a few surprises up my sleeve! I’m cooking him a delicious meal tonight, we are having dinner with friends tomorrow night and then going to some fun bars downtown and Sunday I plan to make his favorite meals all day! I love showering him with love, can’t wait for the fun to begin!


I’ve been hearing this story on the radio all week, apparently if you take the quiz below with your SO you are guaranteed to fall in love, Mr Tan Lines and I did something similar on one of our early dates but I definitely wouldn’t attribute that to the “reason” we “fell” in love. I put those in quotations because A you don’t need a “reason” to love someone and B we didn’t “fall” we gradually developed strong feelings for each other that matured over time and turned into love :)

Anyway, I love taking quizzes and surveys so I thought I’d give this one a go, enjoy!

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Ellen DeGeneres! Not only is she someone who inspires us to become better people but I think she would be so much fun to hang out with.

2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Can’t say I never fantasized about winning American Idol and being the worlds next Carrie Underwood, that would be pretty awesome!

3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
If it’s an important work call definitely, I’m always prepared to leave a voicemail that doesn’t sound like a hot mess!

4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
My husband, my puppy, secluded beach, tropical drinks, sunshine and my iPod


5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Yesterday on the way home from work in the car, jamming out to Taylor’s 1989 cd! To someone, I don’t know if it counts but I sing in the car with Mr Tan Lines all the time!

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
BODY lol no, no I guess I’d go with mind...my memory is terrible as it is. I can’t imagine it being any worse!

7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
Never thought about this, hopefully painless?

8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
Taste in food, TV shows & wine :)


9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
My family and husband. Without them I’d be lost. I can do anything as long as I have them there to see me through!


10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Hmm probably the location, I would have loved growing up near the ocean!

11. Take four minutes and tell you partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
Maybe later?

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to curl my hair like the pro’s. I’ve watched endless videos and it never works for my hair!

13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I guess basic life hacks, where are we going to travel, how many kids & dogs will we have, will I ever get my Scottish Fold kitteh, who killed Ali in Pretty Little Liars etc.

14. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Traveling to Australia and Bali, obviously gotta save $$!

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I think I have a few…graduating from a prestigious college, marrying someone so kind and amazing, moving to completely new state with no friends and family and making it our own!

16. What do you value most in a friendship?
The quality, someone who gives as much as they receive!

17. What is your most treasured memory?
Our wedding day and honeymoon!


18. What is your most terrible memory?
Any and every encounter I’ve had with spiders and snakes

19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
I’d probably quit my job and travel, because why not?

20. What does friendship mean to you?
Being there for someone unconditionally.

21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Big ones, I love to show love and affection on a daily basis.

22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
Kindness, sense of humor (Mr Tan Lines is SO funny!), his handy man skills, compassion for others, patience (with me)!

23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people's?
Very warm, and yes I do! I was lucky enough to grow up in a home with two parents who loved each other and worked so hard to provide my sister and I with everything.

24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
She’s my BFFFFFFFF love her!!


25. Make three true "we" statements each. For instance, "we are both in this room feeling..."
We both love to lay in bed and talk to each other.
We both love Auburn football!
We both love to travel and would do it year round if we could!


26. Complete this sentence "I wish I had someone with whom I could share..."
I wish I had someone with whom I could share my music playlists, what can I say? I have great taste!

27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
Um, everything!

28. Tell your partner what you like about them: be honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you've just met.
His ability to keep calm when I may be having a melt down!

29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
I’ve shared these with him of course, there are some really, really good ones!

30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
By myself yesterday when my favorite food store didn’t have any clam chowda, I really wanted some!

In front of someone was a few weeks ago when Mr Tan Lines and I watched The Guardian, the ending is really sad!

31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
Oh, hi!

32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
For us, nothing is off limits!

33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven't you told them yet?
Just telling everyone I love them, it’s early in the day and I haven’t spoken to them yet!

34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
Cell phoneeee I don’t know if this counts though because I always have it with me! Before you go judging me hear me out. Family & pet are safe, photo albums and clothes can all be replaced, I mean really everything in the home can be replaced. Except I have over 3,000 pictures on my phone that I don’t have anywhere else, also 70+ videos including tons of Miss Lily from when she was just a little puppy. I’d be devastated if we lost those! No, I don’t have my phone backed up and yes I know I need to do that! Look at how precious she looks!






If it’s a thing probably my purse, I’d want to save my drivers license, there is nothing worse then having to go to the hell that is the DMV amirite

35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
I don’t like these questions, next!

36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner's advice on how he or she might handle it.
WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER TONIGHT. I’ve asked him 4 times already, he cannot decide!

Have a great weekend everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment