Monday, January 19, 2015

Mr Tan Lines Turns 29!

Happy Bachelor Monday!! I hope ya’ll had a fabulous weekend!

The events I had planned for Mr Tan Lines birthday did not go anywhere near what I planned, but thanks to him and our awesome neighbors it turned out to be an epic celebration! Here’s how it all went down.


Friday night Mr Tan Lines was craving Mexican food so we went to a little local place and had some delicious enchiladas, tacos and salsa. We then headed home and took it easy. Saturday Mr Tan Lines and I did some yard work, ran some errands and got ready for our evening! Our group arrived to dinner on time and were told there was quite a long wait (despite my attempts to make reservations earlier in the week, they just weren’t having it)! We ended up sitting outside, luckily it wasn’t too cold and they had plenty of space heaters! After dinner we headed to the piano bar, which due to us being late had given away our reserved table. The place was packed; we decided to go for plan B! We headed to the local Ruth’s Chris and took over the bar area.

We hung out there for a little while but decided that it was way more fun to drink for free and play some games, so off to our house the gang went! We ended up pulling out old faithful, Cards Against Humanity and boy was it fun! Some of our neighbors had never played before so you can imagine how much fun it was for them! A few tears of laughter were shed and we played into the early hours of the morning..what a great night!!


Sunday morning (actual birthday!) upon Mr Tan Lines request I made him a yummy egg, sausage, cheese casserole. Here’s what I used:

11 eggs
1/2 of a velveeta package
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3/4 package of turkey sausage (get spicy if you want to)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Here’s what I did!

Brown the Italian sausage. Into a baking dish dump in all of the ingredients I listed above. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. I personally don’t add salt or pepper to my eggs but if you want to go right ahead!




 Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes. Voila!!


I paired mine with a (much needed) Bloody Mary, I just used V8 juice a few dashes of hot sauce and vodka, yum!


The rest of the day we spent it lounging around, I took Miss Lily to the dog park and Mr Tan Lines went on a motorcycle ride! Here is Miss Lily with her friend Ellie May!


For dinner, again upon Mr Tan Lines request I made shrimp scampi linguine with cesar salads! It wasn’t my favorite meal, there was too much lemon juice for my liking, but I would definitely make it again with a few alterations. Here’s what I used:

1 lb fresh shrimp
7 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Linguine pasta
1/2 cup dry white wine, I used Chardonnay
1/2 cup chicken broth

Clean your shrimp and marinade with 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice and the crushed garlic cloves. Set aside.

In a small sauce pan combine the wine, chicken broth, parsley, salt & pepper and 2 tbsp of butter. Bring to boil and cook until sauce has reduced by half.

In a large pan place 2 tbsp of butter and let melt, add your shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and place aside. In the same pan pour your cooked pasta along with your sauce in and mix well. I added 2 more tbsp of butter. Serve and enjoy!




Next time I will skip on the lemon juice and attempt a creamier white wine sauce, wasn’t too bad though…Mr Tan Lines absolutely loved it!

Can’t wait for tonight’s Bachelor episode!!


No comments:

Post a Comment